1. What Windows Operating System can the Customer Programming Software “CPS” work on?,
Windows 7 (32bits), Windows XP/2000 (32 bits only), Windows Vista (32 bits only) (No 64 Bits OS)
2. Will you need a USB driver to program the DMR RADIOS?
Yes, A USB Bulk Driver must be installed in order for the CPS to communicate with the radio, Consider that the device is not the cable but the DMR radio. Please use the USB installation instruction power point presentation to get the driver install. (Will not work on 64 bits operating system)
3. What is DMR?
Digital Mobile Radio; Base on a TDMA (Time division multiple frequency) Modulation protocol technology, operating in 12.5 kHz bandwidth channels, With 4 levels FSK (frequency shift keying) and advanced FEC (forward error correction) technology.
4. How many time slots are available on a TDMA channel for data and voice communications?
Two time slots that can be used as audio or data channels (-e)
5. Why is the battery life of a portable 40% longer?
DMR technology, 30milliseconds on 30 millisecond off
6. CPS; Under Channel (Digital/Analog); how does the Offset (MHz) works?
Add +/- offset to receive frequency, RX Freq + (+/-Offset) = TX frequency
7. What is the model for the Portable Programming cable?
8. What is the model for the repeater/mobile cable?
9. What is the name of the USB driver?
10. What is the SN.txt file use for?
Is the key/password to install the Hytera Digital CPS
11. What is the Setup .exe use for?
Use to installed the CPS Software
12. What do you do if the OS prompt you; “new hardware has been detected” while connecting the programming cable to the USB port of the computer and the radio programming port , and the radio is power up?
Follow the “USB installation instruction” Power Point Presentation located on Hytera Website, (you need to installed the USB Bulk driver).
13. What type of calls can you make from the Hytera radio?
Group call, Individual call, All call
14. Are these calls compatible with Mototrbo?
Yes, this are compatible with Mototrbo , (messaging and GPS are not!)
15. How many characters can be included in a Quick text message?
16. How talk around works?
The radio will transmit and receive on the repeaters transmit frequency
17. What is the use for the Color code field?
Use when using repeaters with the same frequency to differentiate between them (Simulcast)
18. How many color codescan we have;
15 color codes from 1-15
19. What is TOT.
Time out timer
20. How many groups can we program?
21. How many Contacts/Ids can we program?
22. How many DMR emergency systems can we have?
23. What is the channel stepping of the Hytera radio?
24. What is the IP standard for the Hytera portable?
25. What is the duty cycle for the RD980 Repeater: 100% duty cycle?
26. How many Zones can be program on the portable, mobiles?
32 (total channels will add to no more than 256)